Apr 24, 2017 - Bidding Ends April 24th 12:21 PM Central
United States Marshal`s Service
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Online Only Auction
Preview: Saturday April 22 9 - 2
Pickup: Wednesday April 26th 1:00
Share this Auction
Wears Auctioneering Inc.
Solon, IA 52333
US MARSHAL’S SERVICE
2000 Chevy Silverado LS, 157,000+ Miles, Towing/Camper Package, Chrome Rims, A/C Cruise Automatic Tansmission, 5.3L V8
2004 Harley Davidson FXSTI, 44854 Miles, Windshield, CHROME, Soft Saddlebags
Bidding ends April 24, 2017 @ 12:21 PM
Opening Bid meets USMS approval.
Inspection Saturday April 22 from 9 to 2 PM at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids
Payment will be made via cash or certified check at time of pickup.
Pickup April 26th 1:00 PM Auction Arena Hawkeye Downs Cedar Rapids IA
**NOTE: Bids will be placed in the order that they are received. If 2 buyers enter a max bid of the same dollar amount, the buyer who entered his/her max FIRST will be the bidder that is in at that price. If you bid a certain amount and see that the bid is indeed that amount, but you are not the 'Winning Bidder', that means that someone else had a max bid of that amount and so their bid was placed into the system ahead of yours. The best way to know if you are out is to sign up for Outbid e-mails/texts when you register. Then ceck your email as you should get an email every time you are outbid.
THIS IS AN ONLINE ONLY AUCTION
A. Please read the terms carefully as they are a legal binding contract between you and Wears Auctioneering Inc.
B. Due diligence is the responsibility of the Bidder/Buyer. All sales are final Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. All statements made prior to the sale of any item take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements. The auction company is not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or
C. The auctioneer reserves the right to add or remove items from the auction; split or combine lots; add minimum bids or reserve prices. The auctioneer reserves the right to cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule an individual item and or auction event or to make changes to the auction closing times or
inspection or removal times.
D. PREVIEW: Vehicles will be available for inspection on Saturday March 11, 2017 at Hawkeye Downs Auction Arena 4400 6th St SW Cedar Rapids, IA between the hours of 9 AM and Noon.
E. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS: Valid credit card required for bidding approval. All buyers must read, acknowledge, and sign the following Prohibited Parties Statement, at time of pick up:
USMS Policy Directive 13.7, Persons
Prohibited from Purchasing Forfeited Property stipulates that certain individuals are
prohibited from purchasing forfeited property in the Department of Justice (DOJ)
Asset Forfeiture Program, directly or indirectly (through another person or agent)
and are therefore barred from placing bids to buy such property:
a. U.S. Department of Justice employees, including U.S. Marshals Service employees, except as further restricted below;
b. U.S. Marshals Service employees directly involved with the Asset Forfeiture Program, and their immediate family
c. Contractors, sub-contractors and the employees of contractors and sub-contractors of the Asset Forfeiture Division, U.S. Marshals Service, who provide contract/management services for personal and real properties and complex assets, including, but not limited to, any person who has received
compensation, directly or indirectly, from the Government in connection with the custody, management, and care of the assets;
d. Defendants in a Criminal Case - Titles 18.U.S.C. Section 1963(f) and 21 U.S.C. Section 853(h) of the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984 prohibits the United States Government from
reverting to a defendant or any defendant's conviction on charges, or violations of 18 U.S.C. Section 1962 or 21 U.S.C. Section 841 et.seq;
e. As a matter of policy, the USMS extends the purchase restrictions of a criminal case to any
person whose conduct gave rise to a civil forfeiture of the property or to anyone acting in concert with or on behalf of, such a person. This general prohibition may be lifted in civil forfeiture actions on a case by case basis due to extenuating circumstances, as determined by AFD and the relevant United States Attorney's Office (USAO), with concurrence of the Ethics Officer, Office of General Counsel (OGC);
f. Other Third Parties - other governmental and non-governmental employees who are, directly or indirectly, involved in the Asset Forfeiture and DOJ Equitable Sharing Programs; and
g. Anyone acting in concert with or on behalf of any of the above persons.
F. PAYMENT: Payment will be made by wire transfer within 24 hours of auction closing or at time
of pick up via Cashier’s Check made payable to Wears Auctioneering Inc for payment in
full. Final Bid is subject to approval of the US Marshal’s Service.
G. CURRENCY TYPE: USD
H. PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS: You will receive an invoice after the auction ends with confirmation of item(s) won with the purchase total and amount due. Final Bid is subject to approval of the US Marshal’s Service. **If you will be paying by wire transfer contact Wears Auctioneering Inc. for routing instructions at: 319-624-3779
I. AUCTION CLOSING: The bidding on this Auction will close on Monday April 24th, 2017 @ 12:21 PM CST. This auction features EXTENDED BIDDING! This feature extends the bidding on a
lot for FIVE minutes past the closing time, if a bid has been placed on that lot
within the last FIVE minutes of the auction. It will remain open until there are no
bids on that lot for FIVE minutes. This only affects lots with last minute bids. Any
lot not bid on in the last FIVE minutes will continue to close at their normal times.
An example would be if you were participating in an Online Auction that closed at
6:00 p.m and you placed your bid at 5:55 p.m. That lot would be extended until 6:05
p.m. and would keep extending FIVE minutes after each new bid is placed. It will stop
extending when no bid had been placed for FIVE minutes. This auction also features
MAXIMUM BIDDING. When you place your MAX BID, the current bid price does not
automatically go to your max bid. Someone else has to bid to increase the current
price and the computer will automatically bid up to your max in the increments
specified. If someone has already entered a MAX BID on the item you are bidding on,
the system will automatically bid for you until you are the current high Bidder or
you reach your MAX BID. If you have reached your MAX BID and are still not the
current high Bidder, the system will give you the opportunity to enter another MAX
BID. You may request out bid notices when registering for your online bidding
account. You can choose to have them sent to your email, cell phone via text message
or both. If you are not able to be around a computer/mobile device during the closing
of the auction or receive and/or read your outbid notices, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you
enter your MAX BID when bidding. Your MAX BID would be considered the maximum amount
you are willing to pay for your item. Please remember, you can always raise your max
bid, but you CANNOT lower it. Be aware of this while bidding. If you have any
questions please call us at 319-624-3779.
J. PICK-UP/LOAD OUT: Buyers are required to pick up their purchases on Wednesday April 26, 2017 at 1:00 PM at the preview location; Hawkeye Downs Auction Arena 4400 6th ST SW Cedar Rapids IA. Buyer will be required to provide a government issued form of ID at time of pick up and may
be required to complete various forms as required by the US Marshal’s service. Please refer to Letter “E” above for USMS Policy Directive 13.7.
K. Any item(s) remaining on sale site after pick-up are subject to forfeit with no refund given.
L. TITLE: A Certificate to obtain title will be completed by the US Marshal’s Service Office and sent directly to the winning bidder.
M. WARRANTY & CONDITION OF ITEMS SOLD: All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS, with NO WARRANTY expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer to determine the condition of the items and bid accordingly. Place your bids accordingly and read all descriptions and Terms prior to placing your bids.
N. CAUTION: For demonstration purposes, various equipment may be joined. Do not assume a lot consists of more than one item simply because they are connected or pictured together. Please inspect the lot numbers and read the descriptions.
O. CATALOG DISCREPANCIES: Errors can occur Please be sure what you are bidding on If the Photo shows a car and the description is for a tractor then there is a problem with either the photo or the description. If you find that a Description and Photo do not “match” Please contact Wears Auctioneering for clarification, and so that we may make any needed changes or adjustments.
P. CHOOSE WISELY: We want everyone to get a good deal and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients are not willing to assume the cost of your mistakes. When in doubt about condition, completeness or suitability
for intended use, please bid accordingly.
Special Terms of Sale
1. All property is sold AS-IS Where-Is, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Wears Auctioneering Inc. may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising and on the Internet, but makes no representations. In no event shall Wears Auctioneering Inc. be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. Some items may be listed as NIB/New in Box. Every effort will be made to ensure that each item stays in the same condition that it was photographed in. However all property is sold AS-IS, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
2. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Wears Auctioneering Inc. shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. Wears Auctioneering Inc. will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
3. Wears Auctioneering Inc. is providing Internet bidding as a service to Bidders. Bidders acknowledge and understand that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction close. Under no circumstances shall Bidders have any kind of claim against Wears Auctioneering Inc. or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the Online Auction. Wears Auctioneering Inc. will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet Bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged, should use the max bid feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction. Wears Auctioneering Inc. reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
4. The Bidder is responsible for knowing which item is being bid on. If the Bidder is unsure, they
should inquire or not bid. When becoming the winning Bidder at auction, you have affected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful Bidder. Auctioneer will not honor a mistake.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept bids in any increment he feels is in the best interest of his client, the Seller. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments he feels is not in the best interest of the Seller.
6. Purchaser does hereby indemnify and hold harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any and all damages, claims or liabilities from injuries to persons or property of any type whatsoever caused during the sale or by the removal of items purchased. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability whatsoever resulting from the use of the item(s) sold hereunder; and shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any liability.
7. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available to Auctioneer and Seller by law, including without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price, the Auctioneer, at their option may (1) resell the property publicly or privately, with purchaser being liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs incurred, or (2) cancel the sale, retaining liquidated damages on all payments made by purchaser, Auctioneer commission and all other incidental damages will be charged.
8. Information in brochures, catalogs and other advertisements are from sources believed to be reliable; however prospective purchasers are urged to inspect the inventory or property to satisfy themselves as to condition, model, manufacturer, year, features, mileage, survey, acres, etc. Neither
the Auctioneer nor our client make any guarantees and are not responsible for listing or advertising inaccuracies or discrepancies.